Re: Add a hint when postgresql.conf hot_standby = 'off' and recovery.conf standby = 'on'

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Add a hint when postgresql.conf hot_standby = 'off' and recovery.conf standby = 'on'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/22/2015 11:01 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> On 05/22/2015 12:22 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> It seems worth adding a hint and/or changing the error message to be
>>> more descriptive when in this state.  Any options about what should
>>> be logged before I start putting together a patch?
>>
>> Yeah, might be worthwhile. Perhaps:
>>
>> FATAL:  the database system is in standby mode and hot_standby is not
>> enabled
>>
>> Or just:
>>
>> FATAL:  the database system is in cold standby mode
>
> Warm Standby is what we called it in the past, so I think we should be
> consistent.  Otherwise +1.

As I recall, warm standby is actually what it is. A cold standby is not
applying logs. A warm standby is. So if there is a recovery.conf and
more importantly PostgreSQL is running, it is going to be a warm standby
not a cold.

Other than that, absolute +1.

JD