Re: Disabling trust/ident authentication configure option

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Disabling trust/ident authentication configure option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/20/15 7:19 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
>> >
>> >I think that's a restriction that doesn't make much sense. What if you
>> >want to dump the data as fast as possible to get things up in another
>> >machine/datacenter/whatever after a fault? Uh wait, parallel dump won't
>> >work with single user mode.
> We're talking about vaporware here at the moment, so I'll just throw out
> that, perhaps, you could have multiple PG instances in single-user which
> are all running at the same time in a read-only fashion.:)
>
> Actually, having a tool like that would be*really*  handy for a lot of
> uses.  In some ways, I believe our lack of such tooling is specifically
> because we simply don't have as many issues in this area as other
> databases do.  Where is a tool to extract out all the records (with
> their system columns) from a file based on a provided table definition?
> With that, you could certainly parallelize pulling all of the data out
> into flat files.

Now that we have shared memory queues, perhaps it wouldn't be that hard
to use them as an alternative communication method. OS handles auth for
you (and I'd hope this would work in windows too...)

Сообщение: Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend
Сообщение: Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend