Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend

От David Steele
Тема Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend
Дата
Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend  (Jon Nelson <jnelson@jamponi.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/20/15 1:40 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 5/19/15 9:19 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
>>     We could add a second parameter to the current functions:
>>     allow_own_pid DEFAULT false. To me that seems better than an
>>     entirely separate set of functions.
>>

>> +1 to add a second parameter to current functions.
>
> Instead of allow_own_pid, I went with skip_own_pid. I have the function
> still returning true even when it skips it's own PID... that seems a bit
> weird, but I think it's better than returning false. Unless someone
> thinks it should return NULL, but I don't see that as any better either.

+1.  I agree that cancelling/killing your own process should not be the
default behavior.

--
- David Steele
david@pgmasters.net

От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend