Rewriting backup.sgml (patch attached)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Rewriting backup.sgml (patch attached)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Alright, per previous discussions I went through the backup.sgml page. I
have gone thoroughly through:

sql dump
pg_dump
pg_restore
handling large databases

I removed file based backups

I didn't really touch the red headed step child that is pg_dumpall
(although a word smithed it a little).

I tried to remove some of the conversationalist tone. This is technical
documentation not a story. I also removed as many extra words as
reasonable and added specific examples.

Now, I know some of you will say things like... why did you add -C to
the pg_dump line. The reason is simple, without it as new person is
going to get an error on restore. Our documentation should be explicit
not implicit.

I do not want to progress any farther on this until I get some feedback.

Sincerely,

JD

Вложения