Re: a few thoughts on the schedule

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: a few thoughts on the schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/19/2015 11:02 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

>> Hasn't every talented reviewer gotten job offers shortly afterwards in
>> the last few years?  The ones that accept don't necessarily work that
>> much in the community, but several seem to. And I think in the case of
>> several people the reason they don't, is less the company, but that it's
>> emotionally draining.
>
> I think that's very true, and often unacknowledged. Reviewing other
> people's work can be very difficult. I do not enjoy conflict with
> other people on this mailing list one bit, and that's getting harder
> to deal with on a personal level over time, not easier.

Although I certainly understand your sentiment. It isn't personal. It is
professional. If people are taking personally (and I certainly have),
they need to step the heck back, take a breath and ask themselves what
their problem is.

If they won't, then someone in the community needs to step up and help
them do that. The more we remove the ID, the more productive we will become.

Sincerely,

JD