Re: Missing importing option of postgres_fdw

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Missing importing option of postgres_fdw
Дата
Re: Missing importing option of postgres_fdw  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015/05/16 3:32, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 6:37 AM, Etsuro Fujita
> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> On second thought, I noticed that as for this option, we cannot live without
>> allowing IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA to return ALTER FOREIGN TABLE statements
>> because we cannot declare the convalidated information in the CREATE FOREIGN
>> TABLE statement.  So, I think we shoould also allow it to return ALTER
>> FOREIGN TABLE statements.  Am I right?
>
> Isn't convalidated utterly meaningless for constraints on foreign tables?

Let me explain.  I think that convalidated would be *essential* for
accurately performing relation_excluded_by_constraints for foreign
tables like plain tables; if we didn't have that information, I think we
would fail to accurately detect whether foreign tables need not be scanned.

BTW, I don't know if it's a good idea to import connoinherit from the
remote and then reflect that information on the local.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita