Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable
Дата
Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable  (Oskari Saarenmaa <os@ohmu.fi>)
Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable  (Ryan Pedela <rpedela@datalanche.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/17/2015 05:46 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On May 17, 2015, at 8:38 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>> The current behavior does not seem acceptable for the concatenate
>> operator ("operator || jsonb").
>
> I don't agree.  It seems pretty clear to me after reading the new posts that the behavior is not an oversight, and
that'senough for me to say that we should leave this alone.

Is there a particular reason why "+" makes more sense as "shallow
concatination" and "||" makes more sense as "deep concatination"?  Like,
something in JS or other client languages which would make that
preference make more sense to users?

While I hate last-minute changes in general, once we have this
functionality as || we won't be able to swap operators later if we
decide that deep concatination should have been ||.  So I want to be
clear on why users will prefer that to + .

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: 9.5 open items
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Disabling trust/ident authentication configure option