Re: psql \d+ and oid display

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql \d+ and oid display
Дата
Re: psql \d+ and oid display  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, that's sorta my concern.  I mean, right now we've got people
> saying "what the heck is a replica identity?".  But, if the logical
> decoding stuff becomes popular, as I hope it will, that's going to be
> an important thing for people to adjust, and the information needs to
> be present in a clear and easily-understood way.  I haven't studied
> the current code in detail so maybe it's fine.  I just want to make
> sure we're not giving it second-class treatment solely on the basis
> that it's new and people aren't using it yet.

I think the proposal is "don't mention the property if it has the
default value".  That's not second-class status, as long as people
who know what the property is understand that behavior.  It's just
conserving screen space.

Сообщение: Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)
Сообщение: Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)