Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/15/2015 12:32 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Note that I am not proposing a general delay in feature freeze.  I am
> specifically proposing an additional week for Grouping Sets and *only*
> for Grouping Sets.

Core is in charge of releases. I believe like the other semi and formal
organizations around this community it makes sense for Core to present a
motion and for that motion to be voted upon. The vote can take place
publicly (and there is an argument that it should) but it is a vote for
core not hackers or general.

In short, Josh, Bruce, you are both core members. If you want to call a
vote, do so. Something like this should suffice:

WHEREAS

1. The Core Committee of PGDG is responsible for releases of PostgreSQL

2. The feature "Grouping Sets" is a major feature for the upcoming
release of PostgreSQL

THE CORE COMMITTEE RESOLVES THAT

3. In an effort to produce a fair and equitable return for the efforts
put in by contributors of the Grouping Sets patch, the core committee
will extend feature freeze for the Grouping Sets patch for exactly 7 days.

4. This extension is for the Grouping Sets patch and the Grouping Sets
patch only.

5. Should a committable patch not be produced within 7 days, the patch
shall be pushed back into the queue for the production release of
PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

JD

P.S. Note that I have seen the "final" patch that hit the list about 45
minutes ago.

Сообщение: Re: brin regression test intermittent failures
Сообщение: Re: brin regression test intermittent failures