Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 28/01/2019 23:05, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>> Or put it at the end?
>>> WITH ctename AS ( query ) MATERIALIZED

>> Yeah, I thought about that too, but it doesn't seem like an improvement.
>> If the query is very long (which isn't unlikely) I think people would
>> prefer to see the option(s) up front.

> On the other hand, the end is where the other options go (that we
> haven't implemented yet).  See <search or cycle clause>.

Yeah, I noticed that too while working on the latest patch revision.
ISTM that's actually an argument for *not* putting PG-specific
syntax there.  We'd increase the risk of conflicting with future spec
additions, assuming that they continue to add stuff at the end rather
than just after AS.

Сообщение: Re: Synchronize with imath upstream
Сообщение: Re: Synchronize with imath upstream