Re: ECPG SET CONNECTION

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: ECPG SET CONNECTION
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14.05.2015 19:35, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 02:26:08PM +0200, Leif Jensen wrote:
>>    Hi guys.
>>
>>    In the ECPG manual (including latest 9.1.9) about ECPG SQL SET CONNECTION <connection name>; it is stated that
"Thisis not thread-aware".

>>    When looking in the ecpg library code connect.c for ECPGsetconn( ... ), it looks very much like it is
thread-awareif translated with the --enable-thread-safety option.

>>    What should I believe ?
>
> Can someone comment on this report from 2013?

Sorry, it seems I missed this email. Yes, the code should be
thread-aware, at least I don't know of any problems with it. It appears
to me that the docs haven't been updated by the patch that made ecpg
work with threads back in the day.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes