Changes to backup.sgml

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Changes to backup.sgml
Дата
Re: Changes to backup.sgml  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
-hackers,

After my brain flatulence last week on backups, I decided to read the
docs again. There are some improvements that I would like to make and
wanted some feedback:

1. File System Level Backup

The section should be a note within the larger document. It is largely a
legacy section from before 8.3.

2. Rework the paragraph about consistent snapshots into its own section

3. Push the rsync paragraph (and edit where appropriate) within the
continuous archiving section.
3a. Add information about robocopy (windows rsync)

4. Move continuous archiving up above everything except pg_dump. Perhaps
change time to Online Backup.
4a. I want to do some general rewording, there are some places where
the documentation is not clear. I can just do this and then let the
reviewers have their say.

JD