Re: KNN-GiST with recheck

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: KNN-GiST with recheck
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/17/2015 12:05 PM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Tomas Vondra <
>> tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> I meant to do a bit of testing on this (assuming it's still needed), but
>>> the patches need rebasing - Heikki fixed a few issues, so they don't
>>> apply cleanly.
>>>

>> Both patches are revised.
>>

> Both patches are rebased against current master.

This looks pretty much ready. I'm going to spend some time on this on
Friday, and if all looks good, commit. (Thursday's a public holiday here).

One quick comment:

It would be good to avoid the extra comparisons of the distances, when
the index doesn't return any lossy items. As the patch stands, it adds
one extra copyDistances() call and a cmp_distances() call for each tuple
(in a knn-search), even if there are no lossy tuples.

- Heikki