Re: Default Roles

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Default Roles
Дата
Re: Default Roles  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/13/2015 06:07 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> This does change the XLOG functions to require pg_monitor, as discussed
> on the other thread where it was pointed out by Heikki that the XLOG
> location information could be used to extract sensitive information
> based on what happens during compression.

That seems like an orthogonal issue, not something that should be
bundled in this patch. IIRC we didn't reach a consensus on what to do
about the compression-leaks-information issue. One idea was to make it
configurable on a per-table basis, and if we do that, perhaps we don't
need to restrict access to pg_current_xlog_location() and friends.

- Heikki