Re: BUG #13267: Some timezones in pg_timezone_names are missing in pg_timezone_abbrevs

От Berend De Schouwer
Тема Re: BUG #13267: Some timezones in pg_timezone_names are missing in pg_timezone_abbrevs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 11/05/2015 16:37, Tom Lane wrote:
> berend.de.schouwer@gmail.com writes:
>> Some timezone abbreviations are missing in Postgresql.  For example, 'CAT'
>> (Central African Time)
> CAT is not in the default abbreviation set, but if you have a need for
> it, you can add it to the set of abbreviations accepted by the server.  See
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/datetime-config-files.html

Thank you for the response.

We are working around the problem.  We had already decided to stop using
strings, but instead timestamp values and datetime constructs, etc.
where possible.

I was just surprised to see that the list of abbrevs in _names is
different from the list of abbrevs in _abbrevs.  I would have expected
the lists to be identical.

It makes for unexpected bugs when the OS, Java and the DB have different
locale and zoneinfo datasets.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #13148: Unexpected deferred EXCLUDE constraint violation on derived table
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13148: Unexpected deferred EXCLUDE constraint violation on derived table