Re: Auditing extension for PostgreSQL (Take 2)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Auditing extension for PostgreSQL (Take 2)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/7/15 10:26 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Auditing is about "what happened" whereas
> statement logging is "log whatever statement the user sent."  pgAudit
> bears this out by logging internal SQL statements and object
> information, unlike what we do with statement logging today.

I don't think this is quite correct.  For example,
log_min_duration_statement logs based on what happened.  log_duration
records what happened.  log_checkpoints records what happened.
log_statement also requires parsing before deciding whether to log.

Generally, "logging" is "what happened".  The stuff in syslog is what
happened on the system.