Re: psqlodbc: HEAD fails to build with recent clang

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: psqlodbc: HEAD fails to build with recent clang
Дата
Re: psqlodbc: HEAD fails to build with recent clang  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 05/06/2015 07:07 AM, Alex Dunn wrote:
> Beginning (I think) in Mavericks, Clang has begun taking functions and
> defining them as macros; they then conflict with declarations via
> headers.  I think this is what's happening with `strlcat` in the most
> recent psqlodbc, since it builds fine with GCC.
>
> Here are the build logs with system info (errors start at L15 of 03.make):
> https://gist.github.com/dunn/f6ed7ac29a23aa06ba65#file-03-make-L15
>
> Clang is: Apple LLVM version 6.1.0 (clang-602.0.49) (based on LLVM 3.6.0svn)

Hmm, I think this is because there's a typo in our misc.h header file
(it was checking HAVE_STRLCPY instead of HAVE_STRLCAT), and because of
the typo it always defines a prototype for strlcat(), even when the
system provides that function. And that prototype then conflicts with
the one from the system headers.

I've pushed a fix to that, I hope it fixed the build for you.

- Heikki