Re: Auditing extension for PostgreSQL (Take 2)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Auditing extension for PostgreSQL (Take 2)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/4/15 8:37 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I don't follow this logic.  The concerns raised above are about changing
> our in-core logging.  We haven't got in-core auditing and so I don't see
> how they apply to it.

How is session "auditing" substantially different from statement logging?

I think it is not, and we could tweak the logging facilities a bit to
satisfy the audit trail case while making often-requested enhancement to
the traditional logging use case as well at the same time.

At least no one has disputed that yet.  The only argument against has
been that they don't want to touch the logging.

Сообщение: Re: BRIN range operator class
Сообщение: Re: BRIN range operator class