Re: CTE optimization fence on the todo list?

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: CTE optimization fence on the todo list?
Дата
Re: CTE optimization fence on the todo list?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/30/15 6:35 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:44 AM, Chris Rogers <teukros@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has there been any movement on this in the last couple years?
>>
>> I could really use the ability to optimize across CTE boundaries, and it
>> seems like a lot of other people could too.
>
> I'm not aware that anyone is working on it.

ISTR a comment to the effect of the SQL standard effectively requires
current behavior.

I'd still love to see a way around that though, even if it means some
kind of additional syntax; WITH is a lot nicer way to factor a query
than 10 nested subselects...