Replication, am I missing something

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Replication, am I missing something
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
-hackers,

In the flurry of releases, I want to make sure I haven't missed
something. Here is an example of how I will take a base backup:

Origin: select pg_start_backup('my_backup',TRUE);
Subscriber: rsync -auvk db1:/var/lib/pgsql/data data
Origin: select pg_stop_backup();
Subscriber: remove backup_label
Subscriber: start postgresql

Now I know there are nuances here but the above should provide a valid,
start able, postgresql on the subscriber, yes?

The reason I ask goes back to the btree errors I mentioned previously. I
have in the last month experienced corrupt indexes, as well as corrupt
indexes/duplicates in tables on multiple customer instances.

This is multiple customers, all running 9.l or 9.2 (STABLE). There is a
mix of AWS/EC2, HyperV and Bare metal. They are all running Linux.

In fact, at this point I can consistently produce a base backup that has
corrupt indexes. I can consistently produce a base backup that has these
issues if it is on bare metal, virtualized or network filesystem.

So if we aren't willing to backport the 9.4 fixes (which I do
understand), what do we do about this? Do we need a PSA?

If this was an isolated instance, it would be one thing but I am
certainly not the only person running into this.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake