Re: cache invalidation for PL/pgsql functions

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: cache invalidation for PL/pgsql functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-04-28 19:43, Robert Haas wrote:
> I guess
> the root of the problem is that PL/plgsql's cache invalidation logic
> only considers the pg_proc row's TID and xmin when deciding whether to
> recompile.  For base types that's probably OK, but for composite
> types, not so much.
>
> Thoughts?

We recently hit a similar case in our production environment.  What was
annoying about it is that there didn't seem to be a way for the
application to fix the issue by itself, short of reconnecting; even
DISCARD ALL doesn't help.  If we can't fix the underlying issue, can we
at least provide a way for apps to invalidate these caches themselves,
for example in the form of a DISCARD option?

.m

Сообщение: Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters
Сообщение: Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters