Re: [HACKERS] SAVEPOINT syntax again

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SAVEPOINT syntax again
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> Here's an updated patch that supports the syntax you suggest. I kept the
> error messages, doc examples and regression tests using RELEASE
> SAVEPOINT in full to follow the standard.

As long as we're tweaking syntax to agree with the spec ...

I notice that both SQL99 and SQL2003 require commas between the options
for START TRANSACTION and SET TRANSACTION, whereas our current grammar
has no commas.  I propose that we fix the grammar to allow optional
commas there, to support the standard syntax without breaking existing
apps.

Unless someone objects, I'll add this to Oliver's patch and commit.