Re: pgbench - prevent client from aborting on ERROR

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pgbench - prevent client from aborting on ERROR
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/30/2015 11:36 AM, Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to do this?
>
> For context, I'm wanting to write a custom script in repeatable read isolation level.  If I hit a serializable error,
Idon't want the client to abort, I want it to continue running transactions.  Is that possible?

Catch the exception/error and retry:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/transaction-iso.html#XACT-REPEATABLE-READ

"When an application receives this error message, it should abort the
current transaction and retry the whole transaction from the beginning.
The second time through, the transaction will see the
previously-committed change as part of its initial view of the database,
so there is no logical conflict in using the new version of the row as
the starting point for the new transaction's update.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)"
Сообщение: pgbench - prevent client from aborting on ERROR
От: Dave Owens
Сообщение: Re: database split