Re: Unknown exceptions possibly originating from psqlodbc

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Unknown exceptions possibly originating from psqlodbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 04/29/2015 06:17 AM, Brent Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a software engineer working for Kepware Technologies. We provide
> control and monitoring software for automation devices. One of our
> products is an application that stores device data into a customer’s
> database. We support various database products, Postgres among them.
>
> I was given your contact information by one of our customers, John
> Psihos at ProcessLinx.
>
> We have been working on an issue with him for several months now, where
> we are intermittently receiving an unknown exception when trying to
> update a record set (an MFC call that ultimately goes to the ODBC
> driver). We have tested our code, as well as MFC (as much as possible)
> and have found no issues. The most likely area left seems to be the ODBC
> driver. We are using version 9.3.400 of the ODBC driver, and PostgreSQL
> 9.4. Once we receive this unknown exception from the record set, it is
> unusuable (as if it’s internal state is bad, although I haven’t been
> able to discover any evidence of this on my side), and generates further
> unknown exceptions when I try to close or delete it.

For my clarification, does unknown = no trace?
In other words, is there evidence available that it even happens?
If there is evidence, can you post it here?

https://odbc.postgresql.org/faq.html#2.4

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com