Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add transforms feature

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add transforms feature
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add transforms feature  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/28/2015 12:03 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> [switching to -hackers]
>
> On 04/28/2015 11:51 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> On 04/28/2015 09:04 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> OK, attached are two patches to put back the buildfarm nodes using
>>> MSVC to green
>>> - 0001 adds support for build and installation of the new transform
>>> modules: hstore_plperl, hstore_plpython and  ltree_plpython. Note that
>>> this patch is enough to put back the buildfarm to a green state for
>>> MSVC, but it disables the regression tests for those modules,
>>> something addressed in the next patch...
>>> - 0002 adds support for regression tests for the new modules. The
>>> thing is that we need to check the major version version of Python
>>> available in configuration and choose what are the extensions to
>>> preload before the tests run. It is a little bit hacky... But it has
>>> the merit to work, and I am not sure we could have a cleaner solution
>>> by looking at the Makefiles of the transform modules that use
>>> currently conditions based on $(python_majorversion).
>>> Regards,
>>

>> I have pushed the first of these with some tweaks.
>>
>> I'm looking at the second.
>>

> Regarding this second patch - apart from the buggy python version test
> which I just fixed in the first patch, I see this:
>
>    +       if ($pyver eq "2")
>    +       {
>    +           push @opts, "--load-extension=plpythonu";
>    +           push @opts, '--load-extension=' . $module . 'u';
>    +       }
>

> But what do we do for Python3?
>
> Do we actually have a Windows machine building with Python3?

The answer seems to be "probably not". When I tried enabling this with
bowerbird I got a ton of errors like these:
   plpy_cursorobject.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol   PyObject_SelfIter
[C:\prog\bf\root\HEAD\pgsql\plpython3.vcxproj]  plpy_cursorobject.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp_PyType_Readyreferenced in function PLy_cursor_init_type   [C:\prog\bf\root\HEAD\pgsql\plpython3.vcxproj]

Something else to fix I guess.

cheers

andrew