Re: adding more information about process(es) cpu and memory usage

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: adding more information about process(es) cpu and memory usage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le 24/04/2015 21:11, Jim Nasby a écrit :
> On 4/24/15 6:29 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> The reason nobody's gotten around to that in the last fifteen years is
>>> that per-process rusage isn't actually all that interesting; there's
>>> too much that happens in background daemons, for instance.
>>
>> There's *some* stuff that happens in background daemons, but if you
>> want to measure user and system time consume by a particularly query,
>> this would actually be a pretty handy way to do that, I think.
>
> I more often am wondering what a running backend is doing OS-wise, but
> being able to see what happened when it finished would definitely be
> better than what's available now.

There are at least two projects that provides this kind of statistics
for backends: pg_proctab (https://github.com/markwkm/pg_proctab) and
pg_stat_kcache (https://github.com/dalibo/pg_stat_kcache).  Michael also
wrote an article on this topic some weeks ago
(http://michael.otacoo.com/postgresql-2/postgres-calculate-cpu-usage-process/).

Regards
--
Julien Rouhaud