Re: tablespaces inside $PGDATA considered harmful

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: tablespaces inside $PGDATA considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/23/15 11:01 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On April 23, 2015 6:12:05 PM GMT+03:00, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> wrote:
>> On 4/22/15 9:41 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> The case this doesn't catch is referencing a
>>> symbolic link that points to the same directory.  We can't make it an
>>> error so people can use pg_upgrade these setups.
>>
>> Couldn't we make it an ERROR unless IsBinaryUpgrade?
>
> People still upgrade without pg upgrade.

Yes, but only after creating a brand new cluster from scratch, which
would then disallow them from putting tablespaces in $PGDATA.

Or are you saying people do binary upgrades without pg_upgrade? I don't
think we have any obligation to support that...