Re: pgsql: Improve speed of make check-world

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve speed of make check-world
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

> Improve speed of make check-world
>
> Before, make check-world would create a new temporary installation for
> each test suite, which is slow and wasteful.  Instead, we now create one
> test installation that is used by all test suites that are part of a
> make run.
>
> The management of the temporary installation is removed from pg_regress
> and handled in the makefiles.  This allows for better control, and
> unifies the code with that of test suites not run through pg_regress.
>
> review and msvc support by Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
>
> more review by Fabien Coelho <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>

This has caused some buildfarm breakage, in the module that runs the
collate.linux.utf8 test.

Currently it is coded to run like this:

    my @checklog;
    my $cmd ="./pg_regress --psqldir=$installdir/bin --dlpath=. "
       ."$inputdir --port=$buildport collate.linux.utf8";
    @checklog = `cd $pgsql/src/test/regress && $cmd 2>&1`;

and the error it now gets is:

    ./pg_regress: unrecognized option '--psqldir=/home/bf/bfr/root/HEAD/inst/bin'

TBH I'm not 100% convinced that removing the ability to have pg_regress
handle temprary installation management is a good thing.

cheers

andrew