Re: Getting the current value of a sequence

От Roxanne Reid-Bennett
Тема Re: Getting the current value of a sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 4/23/2015 7:17 AM, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
> I have been trying to get the current value of a sequence without
> success. I have read that "currval" does the job but I do not know how
> to use it. This is what I have tried and I get an error saying that
> "currval of sequence 'name_of_sequence' is not defined for the session.
>
> SELECT currval('name_of_sequence')

Use Case can affect the right answer to meet your needs, so what you
plan on doing with that information is important for helping any of us
give you the "right" answer - but... the KISS answer is:

select last_value from name_of_sequence

Roxanne

--
[At other schools] I think the most common fault in general is to teach students how to pass exams instead of teaching
themthe science.

Сообщение: Re: Getting the current value of a sequence
Сообщение: Re: Getting the current value of a sequence