Re: Streaming replication and WAL archive interactions

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Streaming replication and WAL archive interactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/22/2015 11:58 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
>> On 04/22/2015 10:21 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

>>> Is the 000000010000000000000012 file a "partial" segment of the sort
>>> you're proposing to no longer achive?
>>
>> If you did pure archive recovery, with no streaming replication involved,
>> then no. If it was created by streaming replication, and the replication had
>> not filled the whole segment yet, then yes, it would be a partial segment.
>
> Why the difference?

Because we don't archive partial segments, except for the last one at a
timeline switch, and there was no timeline switch to timeline 1 within
that segment.

It doesn't really matter, though. The behaviour at the switch from
timeline 1 to 2 works the same, whether the 000000010000000000000012
segment is complete or not.

- Heikki

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Failure to coerce unknown type to specific type
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Failure to coerce unknown type to specific type