Re: Connecting to 2 different DB on same machine

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Connecting to 2 different DB on same machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/22/2015 10:49 AM, puneet252002 wrote:
> Hi Team, I am running in a confusion on how to connect two different
> database at different path. 1. Default PostgreSQL DB 2. ManageEngine
> Servicedesk Plus DB I have installed PostgreSQL for windows
> successfully and connected to default database of PostgreSQL. Now I to
> connect ManageEngine Servicedesk Plus Database located at path
> "C:\ManageEngine\ServiceDesk". database name is ServiceDesk. How to
> connect above 2 different DB on PGADMIN III? Regards Puneet

if thats two different database *servers* running on the same system,
they would need to use two different port numbers.    the default port
is 5432, so this alternate database server would have to be running on
some other port, like 5433.

if thats just two different databases on the same server instance, you'd
specify the database name when you connect to the default port.