Re: Allow SQL/plpgsql functions to accept record

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Allow SQL/plpgsql functions to accept record
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/20/15 2:04 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:

> ​SELECT (src.v).* FROM ( VALUES (ROW(1,2,3)) ) src (v)​;
> ERROR: record type has not been registered
>
> While it may not be necessary to solve both problems I suspect they have
> the same underlying root cause - specifically the separation of concerns
> between the planner and the executor.

I don't think they're related at all. C functions have the ability to
accept a record, so the executor must be able to support it. It's just
that SQL and plpgsql functions don't have that support. I suspect that's
just because no one has gotten around to it.