Re: preprocess_targetlist and inheiritance

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: preprocess_targetlist and inheiritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015/04/22 0:43, Stephen Frost wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 21, 2015, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com
> <mailto:alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:

>     Stephen Frost wrote:
>      > Tom, all,
>      >
>      >   Looks like preprocess_targetlist() should have been adjusted
>     with the
>      >   changes to ExecBuildAuxRowMark() to support foreign tables
>     being part
>      >   of inheritance trees (cb1ca4d800621dcae67ca6c799006de99fa4f0a5) to
>      >   also include the tableoid regardless of the rowMark type, if the
>      >   relation is the parent of an inheritance tree.
>
>     Uh, this patch was already submitted separately:
>     https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/552CF0B6.8010006@lab.ntt.co.jp

> Oh, excellent. Looks like the discussion agrees that it makes sense to
> do and the RLS case didn't involve any foreign tables yet still ran into
> the issue.

IIUC, I think the issue would be raised when performing SELECT FOR
UPDATE/SHARE on an inheritance set the parents and childs of which are
all foreign tables, or when performing UPDATE/DELETE involving such an
inheritance set as a source table.  Probably, I think your new
RLS-with-inheritance regression tests include such a query.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication and WAL archive interactions
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication and WAL archive interactions