Re: very difficult to install in windows 8 64 bit

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: very difficult to install in windows 8 64 bit
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 21/04/2015 02:33, RAMARAJSARAVANAKUMAR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am new for postgres. i could not install postgres in windows 8 64bit

Hi there,

Welcome to the PostgreSQL community!

> os. if i try to enter password,
> following error msg is coming...
>

> Server doesn't listen
> The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
> could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is
> the server running on host
> "localhost" (::1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? could
> not connect to server:
> Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host
> "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and
> accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

As the error says, the server isn't running. Why this is the case is
another question altogether - the installer usually starts it up - but
you can start it manually from the Control Panel -> Services (under
Windows 7 anyway; I don't have Windows 8).

If it doesn't start, there's some other problem... You should post to
the pgsql-general mailing list; this one is for PgAdmin, which is a
PostgreSQL administration client.

I hope this helps.

Ray.

--