Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/20/2015 02:42 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 02:41:09PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>>> Wow, that is odd.  I wonder why.
>>>
>> Best guess is because pg_upgradecluster is a wrapper script that by
>> default uses pg_dump/pg_restore. Using is pg_upgrade is the second
>> choice.
>>
>> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man8/pg_upgradecluster.8.html
>
> But pg_upgrade supports tablespaces, and I assume pg_dump/pg_restore do
> as well.

I don't think it is about the underlying programs, it is about teaching
the wrapper script what do with the choices. Sort of like pgAdmin not
supporting all pg_backup/pg_restore combinations or for that matter
pg_restore not knowing what to do with a plain text pg_dump file.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian
Сообщение: Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian