Re: What pgAdmin version(s) needed these tables/functions?

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: What pgAdmin version(s) needed these tables/functions?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Chapman,

I am not PgAdmin support, but AFAIK, there never was, or are, any tables
or functions that PgAdmin is dependent on.

My guess is that the former dba or owner of the database in question
made those tables and functions as a shortcut or workaround to using
regular PostgreSQL catalogs and functions.

You can execute the following queries to see if there are any comments which
might give you a hint as to what they are used for.

SELECT DISTINCT ON (c.relname)
       n.nspname as schema,
       c.relname,
       a.rolname as owner,
       0 as col_seq,
       '' as column,
       d.description as comment
  FROM pg_class c
LEFT  JOIN pg_attribute col ON (col.attrelid = c.oid)
LEFT  JOIN pg_description d ON (d.objoid = col.attrelid AND d.objsubid = 0)
  JOIN pg_namespace n ON (n.oid = c.relnamespace)
  JOIN pg_authid a ON ( a.OID = c.relowner )
  WHERE n.nspname NOT LIKE 'information%'
    AND relname NOT LIKE 'pg_%'
    AND relname NOT LIKE 'information%'
    AND relname NOT LIKE 'sql_%'
    AND relname LIKE 'pgadmin%'
    AND relkind = 'r'
    AND d.description IS NOT NULL
UNION
SELECT n.nspname as schema,
       c.relname,
       '' as owner,
       col.attnum as col_seq,
       col.attname as column,
       d.description
  FROM pg_class c
  JOIN pg_attribute col ON (col.attrelid = c.oid)
  LEFT JOIN pg_description d ON (d.objoid = col.attrelid AND d.objsubid = col.attnum)
  JOIN pg_namespace n ON (n.oid = c.relnamespace)
  JOIN pg_authid a ON ( a.OID = c.relowner )
WHERE n.nspname NOT LIKE 'information%'
  AND relname NOT LIKE 'pg_%'
  AND relname NOT LIKE 'information%'
  AND relname NOT LIKE 'sql_%'
  AND relname LIKE 'pgadmin%'
  AND relkind = 'r'
  AND d.description IS NOT NULL
  AND col.attnum >= 0
ORDER BY 1, 2, 4;

SELECT p.oid,
       p.proname AS function,
       d.description AS comment
  FROM pg_proc p
  JOIN pg_description d ON d.objoid = p.oid
 WHERE p.proname LIKE 'pgadmin%';

Melvin Davidson 🎸
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day