Re: Sequence Access Method WIP

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Sequence Access Method WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/15/2015 09:07 PM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> Slightly updated version of the patch.
>
> Mainly rebased against current master (there were several conflicts) and
> fixed some typos, no real functional change.
>
> I also attached initial version of the API sgml doc.

Thanks!

With the patch, pg_class.relam column references to the pg_seqam table
for sequences, but pg_indexam for indexes. I believe it's the first
instance where we reuse a "foreign key" column like that. It's not a
real foreign key, of course - that wouldn't work with a real foreign key
at all - but it's a bit strange. That makes me a bit uncomfortable. How
do others feel about that?

- Heikki