Re: document pg_settings view doesn't display custom options

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: document pg_settings view doesn't display custom options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/10/29 3:45, John Naylor wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 2:15 PM John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com <mailto:john.naylor@enterprisedb.com>>
wrote:

>     Starting separate threads to keep from cluttering the TODO list thread.
>
>     Here's a patch for the subject, as mentioned in
>     https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20201027220555.GS4951%40momjian.us
>

> I just realized I introduced a typo, so here's v2.

+   The <structname>pg_settings</structname> view does not display
+   <link linkend="runtime-config-custom">customized options</link>.

This is true until the module that defines the customized options is loaded,
but not after that. No? For example, pg_settings displays
pg_stat_statements.max after pg_stat_statements is loaded.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center