Re: Error in the connection to the server

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Error in the connection to the server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/15/2015 01:35 PM, Ravi Kiran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed postgresql-9.4.0 version.
>
> I have started the server from eclipse indigo version using Run
> configurations.

Have no idea what that means.

Some detail on exactly how you are making the connection would be
helpful including:

1) Is the client on the same machine as the server?

2) What OS or OSes are we talking about?

3) What is the client using for connecting, though I going to assume
JDBC, correct?

4) What is the connection string?

> There is a table in my database whose name is "b". whenever I give a
> query which is related to this table I get the error *"The connection to
> the server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed." *Even for the drop
> command it is giving the same error.

So what happens if you psql to connect to the database and run the query?

Is there anything in the Postgres logs around the connection drop that
relates?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com