Re: unlogged tables

От Yves Dorfsman
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2015-04-13 14:16, dgabriel wrote:
> That will be a very useful feature.

I agree, unlogged tables would be a lot more useful if they didn't "disappear"
on re-start.

> could be expensive. Also i have to detect when postgres crush, i have no
> idea how i can detect if postgres crushed. Then i have somehow to attache a
> script at postgres start, to restore the dumps...the dump solution is very
> complicate and  unreliable. A periodic flush feature will be amazing!

In my experience postgres is very aggressive in getting rid of unlogged
tables, it does get rid of them from shutdowns that seem perfectly fine (no
crash). A lot of people get surprised by this.

--
http://yves.zioup.com
gpg: 4096R/32B0F416