Re: ecpg rejects input parameters

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: ecpg rejects input parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/08/2015 01:38 PM, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
> Could you be more specific?
>
> I can't find a relevant section to address my specific problem: ecpg
> complaining when I try to check the syntax of my .sql files that use
> input parameters.

I think this has more to do with pgsanity:

https://github.com/markdrago/pgsanity

"So the approach that PgSanity takes is to take a file that has a list
of bare SQL in it, make that file look like a C file with embedded SQL,
run it through ecpg and let ecpg report on the syntax errors of the SQL."

A quick look through:

https://github.com/markdrago/pgsanity/blob/master/pgsanity/sqlprep.py

which is where the passed in SQL string is processed into ecpg format
does not show that it deals with variables. So you might to take this up
with the pgsanity author.