Re: Replication identifiers, take 4

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: Replication identifiers, take 4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/04/15 06:59, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> On 2015-04-07 16:30:25 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
>>> And with temp tables (or much more extremely WITH OID tables)
>>> and such it's not that hard to reach that point.
>>
>> Oh, and obviously toast data. A couple tables with toasted columns is
>> also a good way to rapidly consume oids.
>
> You are forgetting as well large objects on the stack, when client
> application does not assign an OID by itself.

And you guys are not getting my point. What I proposed was to not reuse
the RI id immediately because that can make debugging issues with
replication/conflict handling harder when something happens after
cluster configuration has changed. Whether it's done using Oid or some
other way, I don't really care and wrapping around eventually is ok,
since the old origin info for transactions will be cleared out during
the freeze at the latest anyway.

Services