Re: Re: File count restriction of directory limits number of relations inside a database.

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Re: File count restriction of directory limits number of relations inside a database.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/7/15 10:49 PM, sudalai wrote:
>        Ya you are right, ext4 allows more directory entries(more than 32000)
> but we limited the number of files insides the directory to 32000 to get
> better performance. Sorry i'm not mentioned that in my post.
> That the reason we plan to use tablespace.  The problem we faced in
> tablespace is, the location should be present on both master and slave and
> we need to create multiple tablespaces. That why i changed the source, to
> create a sub directory on the given location and take that location for
> tablespace creation. So i can given one location (that present in both
> master & slave) to create multiple tablespaces.

Having run databases that probably had more than that number of files
and not seeing any issues with that, why are you even bothering with
this? We've gotten no reports from the field that this is actually a
problem.

If you could provide some data that this was causing a real (not a
hypothetical) issue it'd be a lot easier to get the community excited
about it.