Re: how to convert float to timestamp in single select query

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: how to convert float to timestamp in single select query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/29/2015 08:52 PM, Maulik Shah wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam
>

> how to convert float to timestamp in single select query
>
> for exp. i have float as 1.251152515236 ,

test=> select to_timestamp(1.251152515236);
          to_timestamp
-------------------------------
  1969-12-31 16:00:01.251153-08

The above assumes your value is seconds since epoch, which I am pretty
sure is not the case here.

> i want to convert this to datetime and from datetime to timestamp...
> i.e. 02:22:044456

Well the above is a time not a datetime or timestamp, so I am not really
sure what you are after? In other words more context is needed about
where the value is coming from and what other information is available
to anchor it to a datetime.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com