Re: Singleton range constructors versus functional coercion notation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Singleton range constructors versus functional coercion notation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> It's a little strange that we allow people to define functions with one
> argument and the same name as a type if such functions are confusing.

As long as your mental model is that such a function is a cast,
everything is fine.  The trouble with the range constructors is that
they aren't really casts, as shown by the fact that when you readtextrange('foo')
you expect 'foo' to be text and not textrange.