Re: [GENERAL] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.  ("Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I find it very unlikely that you would "during normal operations" end up
> in a situation where you would first have permissions to create files in
> a directory, and then lose them.
> What could be is that you have a directory where you never had
> permissions to create the file in the first place.

> Any chance to differentiate between these?

The cases we're concerned about involve access to an existing file, not
attempts to create a new one, so I'm not clear what your point is.

I would certainly *love* to differentiate between these failures and
ordinary permissions failures, but so far as I've heard we can't.

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] unusual performance for vac following 8.2 upgrade
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] unusual performance for vac following 8.2 upgrade