Re: Proposal to Re-Order Postgresql.Conf, part II

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal to Re-Order Postgresql.Conf, part II
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> So are we eliminating the autocommit GUC entirely, or just from
> postgresql.conf?

Entirely --- putting it on the server side was a bad mistake, in
hindsight.  The functionality is better provided on the client side.

(The GUC var does still physically exist, but that's only so that
commands like "SET AUTOCOMMIT TO ON" will be accepted from 7.3-vintage
clients.  If you try "SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF" you'll get an error.
I'm unsure whether this needs to be in the documentation at all,
but it definitely doesn't need to be in postgresql.conf.sample.)