Re: Project Proposal: Automated Test Case Generation for PL/pgSQL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Project Proposal: Automated Test Case Generation for PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-students
Muhammad:

I'm copying this over to the pgsql-students mailing list, which is the
normal place to discuss GSOC proposals.

See below for my comments.

On 03/23/2015 07:06 AM, Muhammad Suleman Mahmood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a Masters Student in Computer Science at Lahore University of
> Management Sciences (www.lums.edu.pk <http://www.lums.edu.pk>).
>
> I am working on Automated Test Case generation for Pl/pgSQL procedures
> for my Thesis i.e. Both procedure inputs and table data is generated to
> drive the procedure execution along a particular path. The aim is to
> automatically generate a test suite for a procedure that explores all
> reachable paths.
>
> I would like to propose this in Google summer of code but first I wanted
> to share some details with you.
>
> The high level idea is to instrument the PostgreSQL database to produce
> detailed logs of procedure execution and an external program will
> convert this to constraints that are solved by Z3 solver to generate a
> test case.
>
> The proposal for Google Summer of code is to add the instrumentation
> code in PostgreSQL and activate/deactivate the instrumentation based on
> compile time configuration. We can also add the development of the
> external program to this and offer this as a utility with PostgreSQL.
> The external program is written so far is available on Github as a
> public repository. https://github.com/SulemanMahmood/Thesis.git
>
> We have had some success in this so far for simple cases. If you wish I
> can share some results with you. What is your opinion on this as a
> proposed project.
>
> Regards
> Suleman
>
> PS:
> The technique we are using is based on concolic execution which has been
> applied in a wide variety of test case generation tools.

I'm not certain that GSOC allows for testing projects.  They have some
restrictions on what kind of projects you can do for GSOC, which
generally doesn't include "support" projects.  We'd have to ask.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

В списке pgsql-students по дате отправления: