Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?

От damien clochard
Тема Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

Le 23/03/2015 10:18, Dave Page a écrit :
> For the 10th birthday we used the start of the online presence as our
> birthday, not the Postgres95 release. That's next year.

Ok i was not aware of that. What do you mean by "start of online
presence" ? The publication of postgresql.org website ?

> It would seem odd to change the definition and celebrate a 20th birthday
> 9 years after the 10th.

I dont think people would care actually :) This celebration is just an
excuse to organize local events and reach out new users. I'm not sure
anyone would remember about the 10th birthday or complain about our lack
of consistency.

Anyway like I said it's an endless debate and I'm interested by that.
The purpose of my email was to start a joint effort, not arguing about
the birth date

Сообщение: Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
Сообщение: Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?