Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/20/2015 04:09 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> Thus far, the rule for postgresql.conf has been that pretty much
> everything goes in there, and that's a defensible position.  Other
> reasonable options would be to ship the file with a small handful of
> settings in it and leave everything else, or to ship it completely
> empty of comments with only those settings that initdb sets and
> nothing else.  I'd be OK a coherent policy change in this area, but
> just removing one or two setting seems like it will be confusing
> rather than helpful.

I would agree with this. I imagine there is only about a dozen, dozen
and a half that need to be there by default.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"

Сообщение: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Сообщение: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?